Help me rewrite this logic that requires and with or together

We have a VPN group where GPO based software deployment just doesnt work.  I think its because its not really on the domain until the user logs in with cached credentials to windows and then lauches the VPN application and authenticates.  Then we have a 2 Network Login desktop icon they run, which executes slogic.bat /event logon from the netlogon share.

Ran into an issue today where a user was getting a pop up message about a program was already installed and to make any changes they would have to go to Add/Remove programs.  It didn't say what it was, but in sltrace.htm It was the Proofpoint secure share plugin for Outlook.

I checked and its an msiexec command with appropriate arguments to silently install the app under certain conditions.  The conditions are

IF IP equals 192.168.55.*   (this is our VPN subnet)
AND File Exists Not Equal C:\Program Files (x86)\Proofpoint\Proofpoint Secure Share Plug-in\PPShareNotify.exe

Well the person has it installed but its not in (x86) like my two test computers, but it is in that folder on my other laptop and apparently this users.  I thought maybe I could just look in the registry instead but for the problem user its in HKLM\Software\Proofpoint, whereas in my two machines its in HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Proofpoint.  I checked our inventory system Lansweeper, and theres no discernable difference between the product name or version between my computers and the problem computer or another test laptop.  They are all 64 bit Windows machines.

So I need the logic to be like this....

AND File Exists Not Equal C:\Program Files (x86)\Proofpoint\Proofpoint Secure Share Plug-in\PPShareNotify.exe

OR

AND File Exists Not Equal C:\Program Files\Proofpoint\Proofpoint Secure Share Plug-in\PPShareNotify.exe

But the OR/AND is a radio button.  Really it should be blocks you could drag and drop AND's or OR's wherever you want in the list. 

Is there a way to rewrite this condition?  Do you think I need to split this up into multiple application launcher elements?  Like one checking for the Program Files (x86) element and if it exists drop a file or registry key somewhere, then a second element checking if the Program Files entry exists, if so drap a file or registry key somewhere, and then finally a third element that looks to see if that registry key or file exists and if it doesn't go ahead and install the software?  That seems like the only programmatic way to resolve this.

Parents Reply Children