This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Size of active directory database showing empty size

I am trying to run the a report 'Size of Active Directory Database'. However, the report comes back empty showing no size (MB). I figured out that it requires NTFS discovery to run and find C:\windows\NTDS folder in order to capture the size. My question is What permission do I need to give the service account to read the size of the NTDS database ? Keeping in mind we do not want to give Domain Admin access to this service account
Parents
  • The Size of Active Directory attribute does indeed query the size of the NTDS file, but not through the NTFS discovery. The AD discovery does the collection, and requires access to both the Domain controller's registry and file system. This is restricted to administrators.
  • The Size of Active Directory attribute does indeed query the size of the NTDS file, but not through the NTFS discovery. The AD discovery does the collection, and requires access to both the Domain controller's registry and file system. This is restricted to administrators.
Children
No Data