This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Size of active directory database showing empty size

I am trying to run the a report 'Size of Active Directory Database'. However, the report comes back empty showing no size (MB). I figured out that it requires NTFS discovery to run and find C:\windows\NTDS folder in order to capture the size. My question is What permission do I need to give the service account to read the size of the NTDS database ? Keeping in mind we do not want to give Domain Admin access to this service account
Parents
  • Hi Peter,

The AD discovery is running fine but the size of the NTDS folder is nowhere to be reported, the report shows empty which means there is a problem somewhere, I was being instructed by Quest to get the folder size etc by running the NTFS discovery but the discovery is failing because of Access Denied, I want to the exact permission required to get the required data in the discovery.
  • Hi Peter,

The AD discovery is running fine but the size of the NTDS folder is nowhere to be reported, the report shows empty which means there is a problem somewhere, I was being instructed by Quest to get the folder size etc by running the NTFS discovery but the discovery is failing because of Access Denied, I want to the exact permission required to get the required data in the discovery.
Children
No Data