At most how many AD domains can ER discover and report on?

What is the most number of AD domains that ER can integrate with, perform discoveries, and execute reporting on?

Parents
  • There's no limit that I am aware of.  The architecture is very scalable - you can deploy as many data collection nodes as you need to allow you to span many environments AND where those environments are large, to spread the load of collecting the data among multiple data gatherers.  Furthermore, each data gathering can be assigned its own set of credentials so even if you have highly segregated administrative privileges in a single domain, you can use multiple accounts to collect data from that domain.

The backend is SQL and the database is fairly well normalized so that scales quite well too.

• And report generation?  Some of these reports are beginning to take quite some time to process.

• Couple of thoughts here:

1) If you have had your installation for a long time, the database might need cleanup.  There is a database cleanup utility included with the product.

2) Are you producing formatted reports or just delimited exports?  If you only need the latter (which I think is what a lot of I.T. people use), they run faster because they don't have the overhead of rendering the "pretty" report.

• Couple of thoughts here:

1) If you have had your installation for a long time, the database might need cleanup.  There is a database cleanup utility included with the product.

2) Are you producing formatted reports or just delimited exports?  If you only need the latter (which I think is what a lot of I.T. people use), they run faster because they don't have the overhead of rendering the "pretty" report.

Children
No Data