This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Disable Log Monitor and Infrastructure under Dashboards

We're just coming on board and I'm hoping to get a lot of my questions answered here initially before I get with my TAM.

We're going to have a number of end users that I want to have VIEW only rights on virtually EVERYTHING under their dashboard.  Currently in my tests under an account I created with what I thought was limited access I was able to get into the INFRASTRUCTURE and the LOG MONITOR section and I was able to start adding things.

This is bad!!  Especially with how "creative" and nosey some of the end users will be.  Is there a way to remove the highlighted features below or at least disable them so they can't get into them and wreak havoc? And any other areas for that matter that could "create", "edit", "delete" something I've set up ahead of time?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• You can create a Role in Manage Users and assign that to your designated Users. Remove the other roles from those users to restrict access to only dashboards which have that related Role. Then edit the properties of dashboard you want to grant access and apply that Custom Related Role.

This Foglight Communities discussion shows steps to restrict users to just one dashboard.
    en.community.dell.com/.../20438368

Cheers,
    Rick