This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

configexport - Filter Results beyond -edited

I'm attempting to write a script to extract a list of all rules currently configured on the server.

I can run:

Fglcmd.sh ... -cmd util:configexport
Returns EVERYTHING (7MB+ XML file)

or alternatively 

Fglcmd.sh ... -cmd util:configexport -edited
This appears to return only items added / changed since installation

Are there further arguments similar to -edited to allow someone to further target specific items within the configuration XML, possibly similar to the way util:topologyexport allows one to pass a query of sorts?

Parents
  • Thanks for the reply. Currently, I have a Perl script running several export routines for a TopologyItem search for things like ESXHosts, Datastores, Clusters, VMs, etc. Then, it moves through the files, extracting the longName 'field' via RegEx. Next, the script exports the full config (~7-8mb XML) and performs a similar routine, looking for 'simple-rule' and 'severity-level' items. It's not pretty or efficient, but it's accomplishing the end result.
  • Thanks for the reply. Currently, I have a Perl script running several export routines for a TopologyItem search for things like ESXHosts, Datastores, Clusters, VMs, etc. Then, it moves through the files, extracting the longName 'field' via RegEx. Next, the script exports the full config (~7-8mb XML) and performs a similar routine, looking for 'simple-rule' and 'severity-level' items. It's not pretty or efficient, but it's accomplishing the end result.
Children
No Data