This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Foglight 5.8.5 - SQL Server Deadlock data retention at 3 days??

Hi All,

I'm new to the Foglight community and this is my first post - please be gentle. I'm looking into Deadlocks on SQL Server and have noticed that the retention for deadlock information is 3 days, which seems a bit short.

I've tried to see where in Retention Policies and Object Cleanup this might be set but I can't determine where it is and how to change it. Any advice on how to (or even if I should) increase the number of days I see Deadlocks for?

Thanks

Keegan

Parents
  • Hi Keegan,

The retention policies can vary depending on the different versions of the FMS and cartridges. In this example you might be referring to the one of the recent 5.7.5 FMS versions (i.e. 5.7.5.6).

The default Data Retention policy is set for Long term with these settings:

• Raw data is rolled into 15 minute averages and is stored for 3 days
    • After 3 days the 15-minute averages are rolled into hourly averages and stored for 2 weeks
    • After 2 weeks, the hourly average is rolled into 4-hour averages and stored indefinitely

Knowledgebase article 88382 provides specific information on modifying a retention policy per topology object.

As well, additional assistance can be provided from Support by opening a Service Request.

John

• Hi Keegan,

The retention policies can vary depending on the different versions of the FMS and cartridges. In this example you might be referring to the one of the recent 5.7.5 FMS versions (i.e. 5.7.5.6).

The default Data Retention policy is set for Long term with these settings:

• Raw data is rolled into 15 minute averages and is stored for 3 days
    • After 3 days the 15-minute averages are rolled into hourly averages and stored for 2 weeks
    • After 2 weeks, the hourly average is rolled into 4-hour averages and stored indefinitely

Knowledgebase article 88382 provides specific information on modifying a retention policy per topology object.

As well, additional assistance can be provided from Support by opening a Service Request.

John

Children
No Data