This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

is it possible to customize out of the box agent checks?

Hello,

we have some customers that would like to change (add or remove) several checks (queries of metrics being pulled) by some out-of-the-box agents (e.g storage collertor and VMwarePerformance)

is this possible? can the information that is being provided byy those agents be modified?

(this is of course being asked after consideration of using script of custom agents to do this task)

thanks in advance,

Eli Peretz

ACS

Parents
  • Hi Eli,

If i understand correctly you like to collect certain elements of VMWARE or Storage but not all?

Basically it depends what you would like to eliminate during collection

In Foglight VMWARE agent - ~Via the agent properties -> you can exclude datastores, folders, files. Similarly you stop collections on eg: Historic, change Events, permissions

Alternate way - the user that collects metrics is limited to certain areas eg: Specific Resource Pools, Specific Esx hosts. That way the agents collects information from specific areas only.

Similarly in storage - it depends on user, disabling the arrays you don't want to collect can be done via storage agent properties.

Foglight UI If you are specifically asking what to show on Foglight UI and disable parts that you don't want to show to customers/teams /sub-teams. Custom dashboards is the approach you need to take where you can pull specific metrics from the data object tree, build views, queries.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Naushad.

• Hi Eli,

If i understand correctly you like to collect certain elements of VMWARE or Storage but not all?

Basically it depends what you would like to eliminate during collection

In Foglight VMWARE agent - ~Via the agent properties -> you can exclude datastores, folders, files. Similarly you stop collections on eg: Historic, change Events, permissions

Alternate way - the user that collects metrics is limited to certain areas eg: Specific Resource Pools, Specific Esx hosts. That way the agents collects information from specific areas only.

Similarly in storage - it depends on user, disabling the arrays you don't want to collect can be done via storage agent properties.

Foglight UI If you are specifically asking what to show on Foglight UI and disable parts that you don't want to show to customers/teams /sub-teams. Custom dashboards is the approach you need to take where you can pull specific metrics from the data object tree, build views, queries.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Naushad.

Children
No Data