This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Foglight for storage management if support Huawei storage ?

Hi All:

We want to know  Foglight for storage management if support Huawei storage ?

From Foglight for storage managemnt's support storage model, we only see Dell,EMC, HDS and HP.

if not support, what shall we do ?

Thanks,

Regards

Jiang

• Hi Jiang,

Huawei storage is not supported by us at this time. however we do have Python SDK available so you can create your own monitoring solution, or talk to our professional service on this

Here is a quick video show you how you can do it.

www.youtube.com/watch

Hope this helps

Regards
    -Lee

• Hi Jiamg,

Great news, we will soon have support for Huawei Storage using a generic storage monitoring agent. If you want to beta test the agent please let me know.

Chris
  • Hi Chris,

we are also interested in adding our HP MSA2040 Storage to our Foglight instance (we currently are having HP EVA and EMC VNX).

Will the mentioned "generic storage monitoring agent" also valid for HP MSA2040?

I have also read your blog post "Getting Started with the Storage SDK: Monitor any Storage Array with Foglight Storage Management SDK" but since I am not a developer I would initially avoid going into such low level...

Regards,

Eneko
  • Hiya Jiang,

This is Al from Storage Team. FSM 4.5 supports collecting from the following Huawei arrays:

OceanStor 18500v3/18800v3 V300R003

OceanStor 5300V3/5500V3/5600V3/5800V3/6800V3

V300R002 V300R003 V300R006

OceanStor 2200V3/2600V3 V300R005 V300R006

OceanStor Dorado 5000v3/6000v3 V300R001

Link: 

You need to deploy Generic SM-S Array cart to collect from the array. 

Please contact me at al.kaya@quest.com so I could provide you the documentation on it .

Cheers,

Al K.