Foglight vs Vcops

Hi,

We are currently reviewing our vmware infrastructure aiming to consolidate and save licenses. Before purchasing anything we want to have a good analysis of our current setup (vm's , cpu , bandwith, storage, ....) to see what is needed or not needed.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with above mentioned products or a different product. Which one would you recommend for what reason? Logical thinking would push me towards Vcops because it's a vmware product but i've read some articles explaining Foglight being a better alround candidate. What is your opinion ?

• Hello lamm77,

I would recommend viewing a product demo to get a better overview of Foglight for Virtualization. Look at here:
    www.quest.com/.../

You can download a free trial version, data sheets and get in contact with our technical and sales team, who can provide further details.

Kind Regards

Nicola

• Hi, For what purpose you need VMWare, I know its a good infrastructure and very easy to tweak and configure. If you want to convert your physical server to a virtual one yes for that reason it is also very good to go as it never lags and easy to configure. car host

Also one more important message for you if you want an alternative to VMWare go for proxmox as its latest version I think its over version 5 these days, is the most stable alternative to VMware and its free of cost, having lot of things you can do with it too.

Hope I explained every thing.