XE_BUFFERMGR_FREEBUF_EVENT WAITS

Hi, my Foglight is generating a lot of XE_BUFFERMGR_FREEBUF_EVENT waits in one of our SQL instance, causing a bad performance in some apps. Can I set up Foglight in anyway to avoid this waits?

Thanks

Parents
  • Hello Miguel Angel,

I have not heard about such an issue yet. 

Does this happen in a monitored SQL Server instance or the instance which you are using as the Foglight backend DB?

When you stop the DB agent, do these wait events decrease?

According to Microsoft documentation, these waits occur when either of the following conditions is true:

• An Extended Events session is configured for no event loss, and all buffers in the session are currently full. This can indicate that the buffers for an Extended Events session are too small, or should be partitioned.
    • Audits experience a delay. This can indicate a disk bottleneck on the drive where the audits are written. 

Did you check the SQL Server logs for further information?

I would recommend opening a Service Request and then Quest support can investigate, what is going on. To raise a Service Request, look at here: https://support.quest.com/create-service-request

Kind Regards

Nicola

• Hi Nicola,

this happen in a monitored instance and yes, when I stop DB Agent, this waits events stop. I´ve checked extended events and there aren´t extended events configured for Fogligh in the monitored instance. Any idea?

• Hello Miguel Angel,

I would recommend a service request so that our support team can investigate if collections are failing or hanging etc.

I haven't seen this before and I searched in our knowledge base and did not find any article about XE_BUFFERMGR_FREEBUF_EVENT waits. It could be related to the SQL Server setup but that is just a guess from my side.

A service request will help to investigate and solve the issue.

Kind Regards

Nicola

• Hello Miguel Angel,

I would recommend a service request so that our support team can investigate if collections are failing or hanging etc.

I haven't seen this before and I searched in our knowledge base and did not find any article about XE_BUFFERMGR_FREEBUF_EVENT waits. It could be related to the SQL Server setup but that is just a guess from my side.

A service request will help to investigate and solve the issue.

Kind Regards

Nicola

Children
No Data