Foglight API and Dot Net

Hi Team,

My requirement - I want to give/provide users with foglight reports (Top SQL, Top CPU, Lock Tree Report, Workload) who don't have direct access to the FMS access to data collected by the FMS.

Is there a way I can call an foglight API from Dot net and make reports available for end users? Do you have an example for reference? I went through various forum and did not find a related query/question.

I saw one reference link below, but do not have adequate information. Please help.

https://www.quest.com/community/foglight/f/forum/3697/foglight-web-servise-or-api-for-net-web-application

Regards,

Kaustubh

Parents
  • Hello Kaustubh. The REST API documentation links provided by Colin should get you up and running. The REST API docs are also included in Foglight, in the Action Menu on the right, Help tab.

You could also consider creating a Drag-n-drop dashboard for the users and providing "no login" access to the dashboard. Setting up the no login access and URL would allow them to see the custom dashboard, without requiring a login. It would also remove the navigation menus and header, only showing your dashboard.

Another option which may be more straightforward would be to consider the "Export Component". This is a custom component in Foglight that can be configured to provide metrics at an FMS endpoint that you specify. The endpoint is simply a URL that delivers the metrics that you configure, in an XML format. This XML data can be easily ingested by other systems, applications or simply opened in an application like PowerBI or Excel. 

Unlike the REST API, Export Component doesn't require any programming.

• Hello Kaustubh. The REST API documentation links provided by Colin should get you up and running. The REST API docs are also included in Foglight, in the Action Menu on the right, Help tab.

You could also consider creating a Drag-n-drop dashboard for the users and providing "no login" access to the dashboard. Setting up the no login access and URL would allow them to see the custom dashboard, without requiring a login. It would also remove the navigation menus and header, only showing your dashboard.

Another option which may be more straightforward would be to consider the "Export Component". This is a custom component in Foglight that can be configured to provide metrics at an FMS endpoint that you specify. The endpoint is simply a URL that delivers the metrics that you configure, in an XML format. This XML data can be easily ingested by other systems, applications or simply opened in an application like PowerBI or Excel. 

Unlike the REST API, Export Component doesn't require any programming.

Children
No Data