Can Foglight monitor AWS RDS - sql metrics and did anyone configured it?

I am looking for some insight on- whether omegle xender Foglight can monitor AWS RDS databases for MSSQL and what metrics can be collected or monitored, and also what ports need to be opened? Does it require any sql login or authentication ?

Parents
  • Hello,

yes, Foglight can monitor AWS RDS database - look at here:

www.quest.com/.../

Under Supported Plattform you will find Amazon RDS.

Regarding permissions, you can use a SQL Server login and you need:

1. For SQL Server databases on Amazon RDS, msdb database fixed database role of SQLAgentUserRole is needed.
    2. For SQL Server databases on Amazon RDS, Master user should have access to all databases in the instance.

For more details look at the Deployment Guide:

support.quest.com/.../5

Our team created a lab which you can access to see which metrics are available:

www.quest.com/.../

Just click on "Register for Access" and you will get a login. Then look at the "Databases" dashboard. They have AWS and Azure monitoring there.

I hope that helps!

Kind Regards

Nicola

• Hello,

yes, Foglight can monitor AWS RDS database - look at here:

www.quest.com/.../

Under Supported Plattform you will find Amazon RDS.

Regarding permissions, you can use a SQL Server login and you need:

1. For SQL Server databases on Amazon RDS, msdb database fixed database role of SQLAgentUserRole is needed.
    2. For SQL Server databases on Amazon RDS, Master user should have access to all databases in the instance.

For more details look at the Deployment Guide:

support.quest.com/.../5

Our team created a lab which you can access to see which metrics are available:

www.quest.com/.../

Just click on "Register for Access" and you will get a login. Then look at the "Databases" dashboard. They have AWS and Azure monitoring there.

I hope that helps!

Kind Regards

Nicola

Children