Foglight Hybrid Cloud Manager for AWS

I would like to implement FoglightTm Hybrid Cloud Manager for AWS. What  I'm looking is :

• Firewall ports needed to be open from  too?
  • If I want to monitor instance in AWS  do i need any port open  from the FMS to the target instance?
  • Do I need to have access to the Cloud  watch or to AWS Console only?
  • I just want to make sure I cover all aspects in order to monitor AWS.

Your help is much appreciated 

Regards

GeorgeG

Parents
  • This is what she has gotten from a support:

This is the email from Support about the Firewall Ports.
    Ports needed are 80 and 443
    I am confused after reading the AWS Documentation, let me know what you guys understand, here is the excerpt:

The AWS Management Pack for Microsoft System Center must be able to communicate with AWS services to monitor the performance of those services and provide alerts in System Center. For monitoring to succeed, you must configure the firewall on the Management Pack servers to allow outbound HTTP calls on ports 80 and 443 to the AWS endpoints for the following services. (1)

This enables monitoring for the following AWS services:

• Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)

• Elastic Load Balancing

• Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling

• AWS Elastic Beanstalk

• Amazon CloudWatch

• AWS CloudFormation

The AWS Management Pack uses the public APIs in the AWS SDK for .NET to retrieve information from these services over ports 80 and 443. Log on to each server and enable outbound firewall rules for ports 80 and 443.  (2)

If your firewall application supports more detailed settings you can configure specific endpoints for each service.

(3) An endpoint is a URL that is the entry point for a web service. For example, ec2.us-west-2.amazonaws.com is an entry point for the Amazon EC2 service. To configure endpoints on your firewall, locate the specific endpoint URLs for the AWS services you are running and specify those endpoints in your firewall application.

Can you elaborate on # 3? it is unclear to me.

thx

• That depends upon what region instance you are using. Some info from Amazon.....

docs.aws.amazon.com/.../db-instance-endpoint-find.html

Regards

Reply Children
No Data