FMS performance and housekeeping

I'm using Quest Foglight for Virtualization Enterprise Edition 8.8.5 (agent managers v5.9.4.1), I found an error in the FMS log file for HostProcess limit (below). Based on this error we need to increase the limit (https://support.quest.com/kb/76022/how-to-increase-foglight-topology-instance-limits) but I wonder what would be the impact if we increase the limit. I want to know if the housekeeping job is working or not.

2022-07-06 14:59:11.671 ERROR   [Data-4-thread-194] com.quest.nitro.service.topology.TopologyService - Failed to create a topology object with name HostProcess: {name=oracle_42497_sh, os=45252c00-c65b-4c57-88b3-f2915aab2458}: com.quest.nitro.service.sl.interfaces.topology.TopologyChangeVetoException: The configured limit of 250000 instances of type HostProcess has been reached

Parents
  • Oracle DB's spam processes with a different id(?) on some of your servers, all these processes get picked up as different HostProcess objects by Foglight.
    It causes a massive amount of objects in Foglight and made even the host dashboard for those hosts unusable.
    It'll probably run out of instances again, i found disabling the Process metric collection on the agent to be the only reliable solution.
    I once raised an SR for this, and quest would consider a fix, but dont know what came of it.

• Oracle DB's spam processes with a different id(?) on some of your servers, all these processes get picked up as different HostProcess objects by Foglight.
    It causes a massive amount of objects in Foglight and made even the host dashboard for those hosts unusable.
    It'll probably run out of instances again, i found disabling the Process metric collection on the agent to be the only reliable solution.
    I once raised an SR for this, and quest would consider a fix, but dont know what came of it.

Children