This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Derived Metrics to see how many servers are active in a site

Hi

I have a scenario I have to run with.

I need to see how many servers are connected to a specific site as well as see if there are any offline agents. There are 2 sites in question.

What is the best option? To create a derived metric for this?

If so, how would this be done and on what Topology object would I save the metric?

Thanks

Regards

Parents
  • Thanks Kris, that did help a bit but the customer would like to see overall metrics on a dashboard.
    So the scenario is as follows, I have site A and site B, the naming of the hosts are name1 to name200, the IP addresses are 10.1.* for site A and 10.2.* for site B.
    There are 100 hosts in site A and 100 in site B.
    The metrics need to reflect 100 hosts in SITEA, 98 Active, 2 Inactive --> 100 Hosts in SITEB, 90 Active, 10 Inactive
    Hope this is possible.
  • Thanks Kris, that did help a bit but the customer would like to see overall metrics on a dashboard.
    So the scenario is as follows, I have site A and site B, the naming of the hosts are name1 to name200, the IP addresses are 10.1.* for site A and 10.2.* for site B.
    There are 100 hosts in site A and 100 in site B.
    The metrics need to reflect 100 hosts in SITEA, 98 Active, 2 Inactive --> 100 Hosts in SITEB, 90 Active, 10 Inactive
    Hope this is possible.
Children
No Data