This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Missing Permissions to create default profile for IT Monitoring Console

I have read all the permissions needed to create the default profile for IT Monitoring Console. The application is installed however, the default profile isn't showing. I am curious to know if I am missing some permissions somewhere as when I try to actually create a profile I receive a COM+ application error and states I cannot create the profile, access denied. If someone would be so gracious to help me out on what I am potentially missing as far as permissions go, that would be awesome.

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks,

Nicole

Parents
  • Hi Nicole,

I'm glad you're able to create it, now you can continue working with the product.
    It's unclear to me though, was this due to the actions we performed during investigation or not? I mean what exactly helped, was it the installation folder permissions issue? BTW, are you able now to create another profile remotely from your desktop under that account? If it was a folder permissions issue, it prevented profile creation during the regular installation also.
    Possible reason might be that you installed Monitoring Console separately, not within InTrust Suite. The Default Profile is created only if the components're installed altogether. And the Suite is launched with escalated privileges automatically which helps to get rid of such issues with permissions.
  • Hi Nicole,

I'm glad you're able to create it, now you can continue working with the product.
    It's unclear to me though, was this due to the actions we performed during investigation or not? I mean what exactly helped, was it the installation folder permissions issue? BTW, are you able now to create another profile remotely from your desktop under that account? If it was a folder permissions issue, it prevented profile creation during the regular installation also.
    Possible reason might be that you installed Monitoring Console separately, not within InTrust Suite. The Default Profile is created only if the components're installed altogether. And the Suite is launched with escalated privileges automatically which helps to get rid of such issues with permissions.
Children
No Data