This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Missing Permissions to create default profile for IT Monitoring Console

I have read all the permissions needed to create the default profile for IT Monitoring Console. The application is installed however, the default profile isn't showing. I am curious to know if I am missing some permissions somewhere as when I try to actually create a profile I receive a COM+ application error and states I cannot create the profile, access denied. If someone would be so gracious to help me out on what I am potentially missing as far as permissions go, that would be awesome.

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks,

Nicole

Parents
  • Igor:

No, it was not due to permissions on the folder installation as I did NOT change the permissions. The Monitoring console and Intrust Man are installed on the same server not different ones. The 3 things I did differently were the following:

1. I was able to get my server out of GPO that blocked IE from working on the server
    2. I was able to run IE as admin on the server by adding it to the taskbar
    3. I added the domain in front of the Usar_Intrustagent username during the successful creation of the profile

I have not tried to create a profile from my desktop as I do not log into a workstation with a service account. That is against our policies. However, I did try to create a profile under my normal user account from my workstation and received the COM+ application error. I am wondering if either it was the domain not in front of the username during the installation or if UAC may have caused the issue even though I ran the installation as admin. I appreciate all of your help with this issue. I am glad we were able to fix it.

Thanks,
    Nicole
  • Igor:

No, it was not due to permissions on the folder installation as I did NOT change the permissions. The Monitoring console and Intrust Man are installed on the same server not different ones. The 3 things I did differently were the following:

1. I was able to get my server out of GPO that blocked IE from working on the server
    2. I was able to run IE as admin on the server by adding it to the taskbar
    3. I added the domain in front of the Usar_Intrustagent username during the successful creation of the profile

I have not tried to create a profile from my desktop as I do not log into a workstation with a service account. That is against our policies. However, I did try to create a profile under my normal user account from my workstation and received the COM+ application error. I am wondering if either it was the domain not in front of the username during the installation or if UAC may have caused the issue even though I ran the installation as admin. I appreciate all of your help with this issue. I am glad we were able to fix it.

Thanks,
    Nicole
Children
No Data