This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intrust Add-in for DNS debug logs

Is there still a way to capture DNS debug logs with Intrust? If so, can you tell me where to find the add-in?

Thanks,

Nicole

Parents
  • Hi Nicole,

To make it work you need the following

1. InTrust Manager | Configuration | Data Sources | Microsoft DNS Debug Log | properties | Parameters tab | LogFileName | Edit, and set it to your path with all back slashes doubled, like this: D:\\logs\\DNS\\DNSwithdateandletters.log
    2. Add your DNS server host to InTrust Manager | Configuration | Sites | Microsoft Windows Network | All Microsoft DNS Servers
    3. In InTrust Manager | Workflow | Tasks | Predefined tasks | Microsoft DNS Debug Log daily collection | Gathering tab choose the Repository and/or Database to collect to
    4. Commit all changes and run the task.

Your DNS log name has date and letters? Does this mean that you have some sort of automatic retention in place? Our solution does not consider any retention policy, it collects only one file you specify in the data source.

If your issue is resolved, please click "This helped me" under the most valuable answer. If you have other questions please feel free to ask.

• Hi Nicole,

To make it work you need the following

1. InTrust Manager | Configuration | Data Sources | Microsoft DNS Debug Log | properties | Parameters tab | LogFileName | Edit, and set it to your path with all back slashes doubled, like this: D:\\logs\\DNS\\DNSwithdateandletters.log
    2. Add your DNS server host to InTrust Manager | Configuration | Sites | Microsoft Windows Network | All Microsoft DNS Servers
    3. In InTrust Manager | Workflow | Tasks | Predefined tasks | Microsoft DNS Debug Log daily collection | Gathering tab choose the Repository and/or Database to collect to
    4. Commit all changes and run the task.

Your DNS log name has date and letters? Does this mean that you have some sort of automatic retention in place? Our solution does not consider any retention policy, it collects only one file you specify in the data source.

If your issue is resolved, please click "This helped me" under the most valuable answer. If you have other questions please feel free to ask.

Children
No Data