This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to open repositories with Repository Viewer

I moved a repository from a nearly full local drive to a large iSCSI volume. After the move, gather jobs still seem to work fine since the repository is growing at the same rate as before. However, I cannot open the repository with Repository Viewer. I get the following error:

"Could not open repository. Error details: Indexing is not configured or index could not be initialized for repository "OurRepository". Select a different repository".

-I stopped the InTrust services.

-I used robocopy for the copy/clone. 

-Initially, I just unshared the old location and shared the new location with the same share name, but that didn't seem to work.

-In InTrust Manager, I created a new repository and pointed it to the new location, this doesn't seem to work either.

-Out of curiousity, I created a new folder, shared it, and created a new repository. I made a gather task and pointed it to the new repository and then tried to connect via Repository Viewer. This also gives the same error.

Indexing is configured for each of the repositories with the InTrust server name, index stored in the Repository folder, and using the InTrust server that manages the index to build the index.

• Hi Slimy Contractor,

1. Please provide the product version
    2. You say that from InTrust Server point of view the Repository is fine. Could you check the InTrust log in eventvwr for any errors or warnings reported by indexing engine or by the specific repository? No event ids 14128 or 13889 or other? 
    3. Also let's check if you have read access to the Repository directly from the machine with Repository Viewer (RV). Can you open this new share and browse repository files? Actually RV connects to Server for index information, but then goes directly to the repository for the data.
  • 1. InTrust v11.1
    2. I do have 13889 errors. Some are "Could not enable Repository Services for repository %ourrepository%" due to Access Denied and some say "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process".
    3. I have access and can browse the repository directory structure.

I discovered that it does let me attach to the repositories, but only if I select the Idle Repository option. The repositories are listed in InTrust Manager and gather jobs are succeeding.
  • So this is not an RV issue but Server-Repository access issue (most probably index access). The account of InTrust Server (by default) or the account specified in Repo properties (I assume you did not specify any accounts in Repo properties explicitly) should have Modify permissions for each and every part of the repository. Please check carefully the share permissions and folder/file permissions in the repository and make sure to propagate them down to all parts.
  • Igor - Turns out it was the Share permissions. While NTFS were good, the Share permissions were just Read. Once corrected, RV can access Repos with no issues. Thank you for the assistance!