export Repository Data

We gather logs from over 5000 window servers into an Intrust Repository.

I was asked if there is a way to export maybe a days' worth of let's say security logs into a XML or .csv file format from the repository?

Thanks

Eddie

Parents
  • Hi, the easiest way to export into CSV would be to just use Repository Viewer, just create a search that looks like something you want to export and use "Report... > Save Report..." menu item, keep in mind that you will need to disable limit if you want to export all of the items that go through your filters

But what I would actually ask when someone is asking for information like that - how is this information intended to be used? Because InTrust is capable of scheduled SQL import as well as event forwarding via syslog, so if the data is needed on a regular basis, I would create a continuous export or forwarding.

Thanks.

• Thanks for the info... I may have over 4000 servers to query from so, I think it would take a while to run via repository viewer... Is there a command-line command or script that can replicate the option in repository viewer... this data would be historical data and nothing current.

Reply Children