This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Script the addition of a new sql instance with litespeed to the central repository without the GUI

We are automating the install of litespeed to go along with our automated sql build/configuration process.  One step I cannot find scripting information for is how to register the new instance with the central repository so it shows up in the list of registered servers in the GUI without having to manually add it there.

Any suggestions/solutions?

Parents
  • Hello Keith,

No problem I'm always happy to help.

Please note the process is designed to update the list when a server connects and updates the central. No user interaction should be needed. The steps above are to force the process ahead of when it would happen normally if just allowed to run its course. (IE: Normally the SQL instance is added to the list the next time a scheduled backup task runs, but this could be several hours after you install the product. If you had no scheduled task you would have to use the console in "local" view to create and setup your Litespeed processes.)

Did you refresh the console after running the activitymanger process?

If so, and you still do not see the instance, I would suggest you open a support case. So we can review your setup.

Hope that helps,
    -Ben-
  • Hello Keith,

No problem I'm always happy to help.

Please note the process is designed to update the list when a server connects and updates the central. No user interaction should be needed. The steps above are to force the process ahead of when it would happen normally if just allowed to run its course. (IE: Normally the SQL instance is added to the list the next time a scheduled backup task runs, but this could be several hours after you install the product. If you had no scheduled task you would have to use the console in "local" view to create and setup your Litespeed processes.)

Did you refresh the console after running the activitymanger process?

If so, and you still do not see the instance, I would suggest you open a support case. So we can review your setup.

Hope that helps,
    -Ben-
Children
No Data