LiteSpeed fast compression backup of TDE databases are not being compressed. I'm running LiteSpeed 8.8.0.376.

LiteSpeed fast compression backup of TDE databases are not being compressed. I'm running LiteSpeed 8.8.0.376.
With xp_slsFastCompression:
     Native Size: 2688.63 MB,
     Backup Size: 2684.95 MB.
I tried Compression level 2, 3, and 8. I also tried Adaptive Compression = Size.
But using xp_backup_database it does compress:
    Native Size: 2691.25 MB,
    Backup Size: 560.57 MB.

Parents
  • Hello Tracy, 

When backing up databases with TDE with LiteSpeed, it is suggested not to use compression level. Working with encrypted databases adds up complexity to the process and by default, the software does not compress the files. 

Also, please be aware that LiteSpeed version 8.8 is no longer supported since 2/2/2023. Newest versions of the product have better ways to work with TDE databases and SQL Server. Please be aware that we have seen large number of cases about this and most of the time it depends also in the SQL Server version and the CU installed. 

Hope this helps. 

• Hello Tracy, 

When backing up databases with TDE with LiteSpeed, it is suggested not to use compression level. Working with encrypted databases adds up complexity to the process and by default, the software does not compress the files. 

Also, please be aware that LiteSpeed version 8.8 is no longer supported since 2/2/2023. Newest versions of the product have better ways to work with TDE databases and SQL Server. Please be aware that we have seen large number of cases about this and most of the time it depends also in the SQL Server version and the CU installed. 

Hope this helps. 

Children
No Data