Uninstall the software, un-deployed the solution, removed from servers including SQL. Error in CA. MissingFeature Database has reference to a missing feature. The feature is referenced in the database, but is not installed on the current farm.

Uninstall the software, un-deployed the solution, removed from servers including SQL. Error in CA. MissingFeature Database has reference to a missing feature. The feature is referenced in the database, but is not installed on the current farm.
  • Hello Kelly,

     

    Please try the following steps

     

    • Navigate to SQL server
    • run the following query within sql to locate what lists are still referencing our feature via SQL Query:

     

    SELECT

         *

     FROM [ContentDBName].[dbo].[AllLists]

     where tp_FeatureId = 'ab15b0c9-3ce5-4b02-a099-cfd028f3c2ef'

     

    • Then remove the list with the following PowerShell commands (SharePoint Management Shell):

     

    $w = Get-SPWeb “http://WebApplicationUrl”

     

    $w.Lists.Delete([System.Guid]$w.Lists["Idera SharePoint Backup Self-Service Recovery Users"].ID)

     

    Kind Regards

  • Hello, I was able to run the SQL query on the Content Databases and receive the entries in the database. I also ran the PowerShell command and received no error. When I reran the Health Analyzer for the Missing server side dependencies, the message came back that the missing feature was still referenced in the database. “[MissingFeature] Database [WSS_Content_FAW1] has reference(s) to a missing feature: Id = [cd299ab3-21b8-44b4-9b6f-bb6b8da10388], Name = [Metalogix SharePoint Backup Self-Service Recovery 2013], Description = [Self-Service Recovery for use with Metalogix SharePoint Backup], Install Location = [Feature1]. The feature with Id cd299ab3-21b8-44b4-9b6f-bb6b8da10388 is referenced in the database [WSS_Content_FAW1], but is not installed on the current farm. The missing feature may cause upgrade to fail. Please install any solution which contains the feature and restart upgrade if necessary.” The command I ran is the command you sent, however, I added 2013 at the end. When I first ran the command without 2013 I received an error. When I rechecked the SQL results I noticed the 2013 at the end so I added that entry and then it ran without error. I also received a message from Jason at Metalogix asking for more information on the case as there is no entry in the Metalogix Databases so it must be a SharePoint database. I can clarify by saying that is correct. The message above indicates the Missing feature is the Metalogix solution used for self-service recovery from a backup. The solution is deployed at the farm level and an entry is entered into the content database for the web applications so the web part can be added to a site and used for data recovery. Kelly Bolen Enterprise Technology Services Bureau Dept. of Administration [Signature line]
  • Hi Kelly,

     

    I would recommend to continue working with the support engineer on the case that is currently open for this issue so they are able to take a more in depth look at what may be causing the error to still appear.

     

    Kind Regards

  • Ok, I thought when I replied I was working with you. Are you not the support engineer on the case? Since you gave a suggested solution I was thinking you were the person I’m working with. If not, please forward this to the engineer. Today I reinstalled the Metalogix SharePoint backup software and redeployed the solution to the farm. The missing dependencies went away. I retracted the solution as I want to cleanly uninstall and the missing dependencies are back. I redeployed the solution metalogixssrsolution2013.wsp and the missing dependencies message stopped appearing after I reran the health analyzer. Now the component shows up in the Content database twice. I need to know how to remove the solution and backup software cleanly without leaving entries in the database. Kelly Bolen Enterprise Technology Services Bureau Dept. of Administration [Signature line]