Can i map the original ID to a new custom Field

Migrating of documents cannot prevent the ids without the not recommend database write.

So i try to map the ItemId to an other field, because it is neccesary not to lose this information.

But under Mapping Options -> Map list item data to different columns i can't find the Id Column in the source columns

Haw can i migrate the original id information?

KR Jan

Parents
  • Hi Jan,

If you are using Advanced mode, are migrating from SharePoint 2010 or higher, and want to preserve the values in the Document ID field that is enabled with the Document ID Service feature (which must be enabled at the Site Collection level), check the Preserve SharePoint Document IDs (Requires SharePoint Crawl) box.

This check-box will only be enabled when migrating from a SharePoint 2010 or higher source.

For more details about Migrating with Document IDs, you may refer to the link below.

www.metalogix.com/.../migrating_with_sp_document_ids.html

Regards,

Bianca

• Hi Jan,

If you are using Advanced mode, are migrating from SharePoint 2010 or higher, and want to preserve the values in the Document ID field that is enabled with the Document ID Service feature (which must be enabled at the Site Collection level), check the Preserve SharePoint Document IDs (Requires SharePoint Crawl) box.

This check-box will only be enabled when migrating from a SharePoint 2010 or higher source.

For more details about Migrating with Document IDs, you may refer to the link below.

www.metalogix.com/.../migrating_with_sp_document_ids.html

Regards,

Bianca

Children
No Data