Can i map the original ID to a new custom Field

Migrating of documents cannot prevent the ids without the not recommend database write.

So i try to map the ItemId to an other field, because it is neccesary not to lose this information.

But under Mapping Options -> Map list item data to different columns i can't find the Id Column in the source columns

Haw can i migrate the original id information?

KR Jan

Parents
  • Hi Jan,

Apologies, If you want to preserve IDs for any folders and items in SharePoint lists, so each item and folder will have the same ID on the target as it does on the source, make sure the Preserve IDs on items/folders in Lists on the target option is selected.

• If this option is not selected then SharePoint will assign an item ID automatically.
    • This option is used for Incremental Migrations, and does not apply to Document Libraries.

For more information on incremental copying and preserving ID’s, please refer to the link below.

www.metalogix.com/.../preserving_sharepoint_list_item_ids.html

Regards,

Bianca

• Hi Jan,

Apologies, If you want to preserve IDs for any folders and items in SharePoint lists, so each item and folder will have the same ID on the target as it does on the source, make sure the Preserve IDs on items/folders in Lists on the target option is selected.

• If this option is not selected then SharePoint will assign an item ID automatically.
    • This option is used for Incremental Migrations, and does not apply to Document Libraries.

For more information on incremental copying and preserving ID’s, please refer to the link below.

www.metalogix.com/.../preserving_sharepoint_list_item_ids.html

Regards,

Bianca

Children
No Data