Can i map the original ID to a new custom Field

Migrating of documents cannot prevent the ids without the not recommend database write.

So i try to map the ItemId to an other field, because it is neccesary not to lose this information.

But under Mapping Options -> Map list item data to different columns i can't find the Id Column in the source columns

Haw can i migrate the original id information?

KR Jan

Parents
  • So Preserve ID's works great on Full copies. I have noticed if I have test data it wont overwrite it if I am only using a Custom Copy with Preserve Items checked.

With that said, I wanted to write items from 1 list into a duplicate list, but since the second list is an archive I want to write the first list items ID to a custom column in the second list as OriginalID. The second list I choose NOT to preserve the ID since I am writing it to OriginalID. You can do it if you want, but then you could just do a calculated column on the second list and not have to worry about mapping columns.

I created a job and mapped the column (but since I could not find ID in the UI) I mapped the source column to a unique column (blahblah) that existed in the first list to ID on the second list and clicked Map. 

Then I exported the complete job to PowerShell, opened the ps1 file in notepad and searched for my blahblah column. Its a single line on Copy=MLAllListItems object. StaticName=`"ID`" Name=`"ID`" , etc. and left OriginalID as is. The ColName=int5 didnt mess up the operation, I was worried I would have to hunt down some view column ID or something but I just left it.

I then ran my migration PS1 job and BAM! The ID is mapped to OriginalID in the second list.

• It would be great if you can share the transformer script here or in my email.

I am trying the below in transformer powershell script but no luck.

$dataObject["OriginalID"] = $dataObject["ID"]

Where OriginalID is the filed in target list and I suspect the ID  is not matching the source ID static column name.

• It would be great if you can share the transformer script here or in my email.

I am trying the below in transformer powershell script but no luck.

$dataObject["OriginalID"] = $dataObject["ID"]

Where OriginalID is the filed in target list and I suspect the ID  is not matching the source ID static column name.

Children
No Data