This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Content Matrix not recognizing Custom Site Template

​I am Migrating from 2010 on prem to 2016 on prem. I created a custom template that matches the custom template in 2010. Using edition 8.2.0.2 I was able to successfully migrate all my content by uploading the custom template into the Solutions gallery in the 2016 site collection and then creating a Team Site collection and then migrating content to a site collection in the following order: 1. All Site Content (Mapping Child Site Templates to match the Custom 2010 Template to the custom template uploaded in the 2016 site collection) , 2. Sub Sites (again (Mapping Child Site Templates to match the Custom 2010 Template to the custom template uploaded in the 2016 site collection), Navigation, and Web Parts.

In explorer view the migrated sites in 2016 show the custom template name.

The Issue:

We upgraded to the latest version of content matrix and are following the same steps above, the issue is that Content Matrix is not recognizing the custom site template and instead lists it as a (Blank Site) and opens it as a "Page not found" error even though the content on the child site is available.

We ended up uninstalling the latest version of Content Matrix (8.5) and reinstalling the older version and then the same issue occurred listed above.

Now, (not exactly sure what happened between then and now) content matrix is recognizing the template as a Blank Site template not the custom site template name as before in this version and opening without an error and in the correct template.

I think the newest version of Content Matrix modified the custom site template-- Any ideas or advice on how to fix this is greatly appreciated.

• Hi April 

I don't think it would be able to change the Site Template as the tool wouldn't be allowed the change anything in the source. I would recommend to continue working through this issue with the case you have opened with Content Matrix team, as there would need to be further investigation into the issue you are experiencing. 

Kind Regards