This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How can multiple users most effectively use content matrix on a shared computer? I installed and configured Content Matrix with Distributed Migration, when my co-workers log on to the computer, they don't see that configuration.

How can multiple users most effectively use content matrix on a shared computer? I installed and configured Content Matrix with Distributed Migration, when my co-workers log on to the computer, they don't see that configuration.
  • Hi Dean,

If multiple users are using Content Matrix on a single machine, their connections, jobs, configuration, etc. will be saved in their respective folders, which may be found in %AppData%\Metalogix\Content Matrix Console - SharePoint Edition. If you want to share connections, jobs, configuration, etc. with other users, it may be best to create a generic account (e.g. MigrationAccount) that will be used with Content Matrix.

On the other hand, the Distributed Migration feature of Content Matrix has 3 components, which include the following:

• Host - A machine that has the Content Matrix Console, which manages the agents, agent database and migration jobs.
    • Agent Database - A SQL server database that contains the migration job definitions, which the agents can run.
    • Agent - A machine that has the Content Matrix Console, which runs migration jobs sent from the Host machine.

For additional information about it, please refer to the link below:

Configuring Content Matrix for Distributed Migration

www.metalogix.com/.../index.html

Regards,

Cyrus

• Each user that logs into the machine will have to connect to the Agent Database from the Job List pane (bottom of console).

KB: metalogix.force.com/.../How-to-create-Job-History-and-Metabase-databases-on-a-SQL-server

When a user launches CM for the first time they are using the default job list "JobHistory.lst", also located in %AppData%\Metalogix\Content Matrix Console - SharePoint Edition.