This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Many of our SPO Sites are not shown in connection. How do we migrate content to sites new modern sites that were created in SPOnline?

Many of our SPO Sites are not shown in connection. How do we migrate content to sites new modern sites that were created in SPOnline?
  • Hi Dean,

Modern sites are not shown when connecting to an office 365 tenant. However, you should be able to connect to them directly using the CSOM adapter. ​

Also, since Modern Sites are a new feature, their migration have not been fully tested with Content Matrix.

Regards,

Cyrus

• I am getting the following error when I try to copy an existing subsite from 2010 to an existing modern site. I’m using a Remote Connection (SharePoint Client Side Object Model 2013). Can we schedule a call? I don’t understand your statement that content matrix has not been fully tested with Modern Sites. They have been available for a long time. Error: Message: An error occurred during the operation of a service method: The web template GROUP#0 is not available for sites on this tenant. Stack Trace: at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRequest.ProcessResponseStream(Stream responseStream) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRequest.ProcessResponse() at Metalogix.SharePoint.Adapters.CSOM2013.CSOMAdapter.CreateSiteCollectionWithIncrementalRetry(ClientContext ctx, Tenant tenant, SiteCreationProperties siteCreationData, Int32 retryCount, Int32 delay) at Metalogix.SharePoint.Adapters.CSOM2013.CSOMAdapter.AddSiteCollection(String webApp, String siteCollectionXML, AddSiteCollectionOptions addSiteCollOptions) at SyncInvokeAddSiteCollection(Object , Object[] , Object[] ) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet) Stack: at Metalogix.SharePoint.Actions.Administration.CreateSiteCollection.RunAction(IXMLAbleList source, IXMLAbleList target) at Metalogix.Actions.Action.Run(IXMLAbleList source, IXMLAbleList target) Type: System.Exception HResult:-2146233088
  • Hi Dean,​

I found out that you have submitted a case regarding the same issue so I coordinated it with the assigned support engineer. Please stand by for any call or email so you can continue working on the issue with him.

In any case, the KB article below provides recommendations on how to work around the error message that you are getting:

"The web template is not available for sites on this tenant" error message

metalogix.force.com/.../The-web-template-is-not-available-for-sites-on-this-tenant-error-message

Regards,

Cyrus

• We were able to implement a workaround by making a connection directly to the SPO site instead of to the tenant-admin site. With hundreds of sites, this is going to cause a lot of additional work.

It is disappointing that the basic feature is not working.

Hopefully, the problem will be fixed soon.