This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SharePoint Local NAV - Hidden Navigation Settings not Migrating?

I am migrating from BLANKINTERNET#0 to a precreated ​BLANKINTERNET#0 (Publishing site). I am precreating my target site and doign a Copy Site>Paste Site Content-All Site Content. On the target my local navigration is showing four more links that on the source site. This is because the target navigation for local nav has none of the Hidden pages set. This is our company intranet and over the years people just hide pages in navigation when they want to decomission content. Not the best way to do it but that is what I am dealing with.

I found an article that says the target content must be avaialbe otherwise the navigation will not come over properly. It is all there. One target page is still checked out to the system account but it is there. I haven't found any articles that suggest a setting where this can be truned on/off.

So I have no idea why the nav settings arent coming over. See the attachments. They show my identicle source and target content and my source and target NAV settigns with the target missing the nav on 3 of the 4 pages that should be hidden.

Thanks All!

• Hi Doug,

After further research, simulation and consultation, I would like to inform you that there is currently a known issue when migrating navigation settings. As a workaround, you may have to manually hide the navigation on the target environment after migration.

Regards,

Cyrus

• Thank you Cyrus,

Just to make sure I did a seperate migration of navigation only as a last step and same result. So this know issue presents some real problems for us. We are planning the migration of our intranet but we are a few months out. Is a fix for this on the roadmap? If not what would you recommend? ​We will have some 300 sites migrating over a weekend and manual fixes to all hidden pages is not feasable. Are there any technical options available to us?

Thanks,

Doug

• Hi Doug,

Unfortunately, there is no other workaround at the moment. Rest assured that we'll try to get the issue prioritized in development for a faster fix release.

Regards,

Cyrus