This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What permissions does the ControlPoint service account need to report on MySites/Personal Sites storage? Every day my ControlPoint error report is full of Access Denied errors for the farm admin account.

4/24/2018 2:02:21 AM xxxc\xxxxxxxx (redacted)

ID #: 2222751: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Stack: at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleUnauthorizedAccessException(UnauthorizedAccessException ex)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetSiteUsageSummary(String bstrUrl, Int64& plDiskUsed, Int64& plBWUsed, Int64& plVisits, Int64& plHits)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.get_Usage()

at xcCore.Logic.Traverse.getSiteSums(SPWeb spweb)

at xcCore.Logic.Traverse.PopulateStorageColumns(DataRow workRow, IxcCPSite iSite, DataRow topLevelRow)

at xcCore.Logic.Traverse.TraverseSiteCollection(DataRow& workRow, Boolean& renewRow, IxcCPSite iSite, SPLevel level)

4/24/

Parents
  • I think I found the issue. I've been focusing on the MySites WAP User Policy and database permissions​. I never thought to look at the WAP Permissions global options in Central Admin. I took a look and unlike all of our other WAP's, the box for View Analytics Data was not checked. So no matter how or where I granted the service account perms, the WAP was not allowing the User Policy perms to the Analytics data for the WAP. I checked the box and saved. I'll know in the next 48 hours if it resolved the issue.

• I think I found the issue. I've been focusing on the MySites WAP User Policy and database permissions​. I never thought to look at the WAP Permissions global options in Central Admin. I took a look and unlike all of our other WAP's, the box for View Analytics Data was not checked. So no matter how or where I granted the service account perms, the WAP was not allowing the User Policy perms to the Analytics data for the WAP. I checked the box and saved. I'll know in the next 48 hours if it resolved the issue.

Children
No Data