This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to use ControlPoint to remove a user from one specific SharePoint Group?

There's a command to "add user to SharePoint Group," but no visible option to remove a user from a SharePoint Group. We'd like to schedule the removal of a user if possible.

• Hi Lawrence,

The Delete User Permissions action will remove the selected user(s) from SharePoint groups in which they are listed as a member. Please refer to the link below for more information:

www.metalogix.com/.../ControlPoint-User-Guide.pdf

Regards,

Bianca

• Hi Bianca,

Thanks for the answer! However, I need something more precise than that.

The rough scenario is: Users Alice and Bob are members of Team 1 on SharePoint. However, Bob is a member of Team 2. If Bob is on leave for whatever reason, Alice needs to fill in his position on Team 2; however, her membership to Team 2 should be revoked at the end of Bob's leave.

Delete User Permissions, as documented, would remove Alice from the site altogether, or at the very least from both Teams 1 and 2. Is there any way to remove Alice from Team 2?

• Hi Lawrence,

Unfortunately, the Delete User Permission action will delete Alice from both Teams 1 and 2. As a workaround, you may either run the Add user to SharePoint group action to add Alice back to Team 1 or manually delete her from Team 2.

Regards,

Bianca

• ​Your answer is appreciated! I suppose we'll have to manage this manually for the time being, though I was hoping to avoid that.  Please investigate this functionality for future versions of ControlPoint.