This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I "change the source adapter to a read-only database connection"?

An article decribes my issue, but the solution makes no sense to me. The article is "list items copy but the content is missing". That is what is happening to me when copying a custom list within a site collection. ​In September 2017 it worked, now in October it doesn't. The solution is "changing the source adapter to a read-only database connection". How do I do that?

• Hi Julian,

I just wanted to confirm that this post was for Essentials? The resolution in the article would be geared toward a different product - Content Matrix. You won't be able to change the database connection with Essentials.

I would recommend checking the list once more and then checking to make sure the view isn't restricted by filtering conditions. The content may be there but the view might be restricting it.

• Hi Eliza Many thanks for responding. You are correct, I only noticed after posting that the article did not refer to Essentials. However the issue I have is exactly as described in that article. I have retried the copy several times without success. It is not a question of views, no data has been copied: - the list content report in Essentials shows all list items are 0 bytes. I attach the report. - The copy took 40 minutes - Strangely, the log of the copy (attached) shows no errors at all. - The list has many views, all the views were copied but none showed any data - My name appears under “modified” not the correct name Modified dates have not been copied As I said, I did the same copy, using the same procedure, last month without error Essentials Version: 2.1.4.201710080309 64 bit I’d appreciate any guidance on what to do next Thanks, Julian Child | Technical Delivery julian.child@britishcouncil.org www.britishcouncil.org
  • Hi Julian,

I would recommend opening a case to have a support representative take a further look into the issue. You can do this by either going to the customer portal and opening a case from there > metalogix.force.com/.../.

Or you can contact Customer Care to open a support case as well.

Support phone number - 202.609.9100

Kind Regards