This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When I try to connect to a SharePoint 2010 site, I'm getting a "Connection Failed: Authentication Failure. The specified member name is either invalid or empty."

When I try to connect to a SharePoint 2010 site, I'm getting a "Connection Failed: Authentication Failure. The specified member name is either invalid or empty."
  • Hi Lynn,

Please ensure that you are typing the credentials correctly. Also, can you please provide the following information so I can assist you further?

• Authentication type being used
    • Stack trace log in *.txt format

Regards,

Cyrus

• I have no idea where the stack trace log is located. I get this same error regardless of the username I use….and yes…..the credentials are being entered correctly Regards, Lynn Lynn Morgenson |lamorgen@scj.com | 262-260-2552 No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  • Hi Lynn,

Please do the following to get the log file:

1. Launch Metalogix Essentials.
    2. Click Help > Log Manager > Show Workspace.
    3. Open the .metadata folder and locate the .log file.

Regards,

Cyrus

• Thank you for your help and patience. I reinstalled the software and everything is now working for me. Regards, Lynn Lynn Morgenson |lamorgen@scj.com | 262-260-2552 No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  • Hi Lynn,

You're welcome and I'm glad to know that your issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Cyrus

• I am having the exact same issue Cyrus when trying to connect to an on-premises SharePoint 2007 site. Can you help?

Thanks,

Mark​

• Hi Mark,

Can you please confirm the following?

a. Are you connecting to the correct SharePoint URL and entering the credentials correctly?

b. What is the exact Essentials version that you are using?

c. Are you using any proxy?

d. Are you able to connect to the same SharePoint 2007 site through a browser or a different tool?

Regards,

Cyrus

• Hi Cyrus, 1. I am connecting to the correct SP URL and entering the correct credentials. 2. The exact version of Essentials is Version: 2.1.4.201801081236 64 bit 3. I check the box Use Proxy and I also don’t check it and it makes no difference, I get the same error message. We use a proxy here where I work. 4. Yes, I can connect to the site using the same URL without any issues using IE11, Chrome etc. Below is the error message I am getting. [cid:image001.png@01D3D7FE.D0126D90] Thanks, Mark