Authenication Ptroblem

I'm running Essentials on a private network pointed at two different farms.  One farm using  Claims authenication and one uses Windows authenication.

The also use custom identify providers.  this was all working until recently.

It gives a error when authenticating to either farm.  It works for others on my network who have similar configurations and go to the same sites/farms. (They are same patch level on Win 10 as me).

I deleted the installation including the workspace .metavis folder.  No joy    No upgrades to the product since about a year ago and no changes to the server (it works for others you recall).

When attempting with claims, it cannot find the page to connect to (normally site contents)   With attempting with windows authentication, it prompts for userid/password/domain (normally doesn't ask for that), then gives "Connection failed: Null" if I enter or do not enter userid/password/domain.

Fails if I login with IE prior (I normally use Firefox, this wasn't required previously however).

Environment:  Win 10, SP 2013 on both farms, - Cannot provide logs, captured SSL, etc from this network.

Parents Reply Children
  • 2.1.4.201802110431 64 bit but that shouldn't matter - been working since 2018 Feb without any issues.  It is a very elaborate procedure to upgrade the version and it's working and I don't use any of the features with recent changes/updates anyway.  (Azure, social stuff....)   I've been able to replicate the problem under a test userid so stil lperplexed why working for other users and not me or my test - will get another person to install it from scratch I guess - missing something ... thanks

• Unfortunately, support for 2.1.4 has ended. I do know that 2.1.5 made changes to how logins were processed to allow SSO connections to O365. Some of those changes may benefit you as well. 

• Well. I have the impression you didn’t read my posting unfortunately. As I mentioned this is not a problem with the product and upgrading will have no effect. And that is a 4-month process at a minimum or longer  I’m looking to see if other USERS have experienced this behavior or perhaps support guys have run across this.   It works for other users on the same network and farms as I thought I had explained clearly. 

Had anyone ever seen this and has first hand knowledge or perhaps a troubleshooting approach. To review I’ve deleted the product. Deleted workbench and anything to do w Mets is. Did a fresh install with factory org libraries. Licensed it. Still no joy after days of troubleshooting.  Confirmed others aren’t seeing behavior. Perhaps some browse setting is causing problems w claims but I don’t think that would explain windows auth.