SharePoint Migration - Metalogix Essentials for O365 vs Metalogix Content Matrix

In which scenario should I use Metalogix Essentials or Metalogix Content Matrix? How do I know which one I choose to migrate my SharePoint? Is there any recommendation from Metalogix?

For O365 should I use Metalogix Essentials and on-premises I use Content Matrix? Simple as that?

Tks in Advance.

Parents
  • Hello Rodney,

Thanks for reaching out via communities, as your last line you put it in great terms,Essentials' use cases are specific for O365 migrations i.e drives / box migrations although you are able to perform on-premise migrations with Essentials, we'd recommend Content Matrix for that just due to the fundamentals Content Matrix has to offer would handle these better.

To note: (1) File Share Edition for file share migrations have been discontinued in Content Matrix after version 8.9 (2) Pre-migration analysis reports available in Essentials where-as Content matrix does not have this functionality.

Thanks,

Regards, Bilal

Support

• Hello Rodney,

Thanks for reaching out via communities, as your last line you put it in great terms,Essentials' use cases are specific for O365 migrations i.e drives / box migrations although you are able to perform on-premise migrations with Essentials, we'd recommend Content Matrix for that just due to the fundamentals Content Matrix has to offer would handle these better.

To note: (1) File Share Edition for file share migrations have been discontinued in Content Matrix after version 8.9 (2) Pre-migration analysis reports available in Essentials where-as Content matrix does not have this functionality.

Thanks,

Regards, Bilal

Support

Children
No Data