Deprecation of 'Add Invalid Character' in version 2.7 of essentials

In Essentials there is a list of invalid characters which can be replaced during a migration.

Up to version 2.5 it was possible to add additional characters to the list.

In version 2.7 this is still a documented feature in the accompanying user manual but the option to add a character to the list is actually no longer present in the application.

I raised a ticket about this and i"ve been told that this was a 'Design Decision' and that the feature is now deprecated but could be restored by way of a 'Feature request' in a future release.

Does anyone know of a workaround (e.g. config file edit) so we could add invalid characters?

Parents
  • We're seeing more problems with this design decision. Folders with the letters 'forms' in their name are being renamed, e.g. 'Uniforms' becomes 'Uni-'. Also, in 2.8 it's no longer possible to change the '-' replacement character to something else, which means in 2.8, we cannot disable the replacement of the letters 'forms'.

I've logged these issues with support.

At present the recommendation we've been given is to revert to essentials 2.6.

• We're seeing more problems with this design decision. Folders with the letters 'forms' in their name are being renamed, e.g. 'Uniforms' becomes 'Uni-'. Also, in 2.8 it's no longer possible to change the '-' replacement character to something else, which means in 2.8, we cannot disable the replacement of the letters 'forms'.

I've logged these issues with support.

At present the recommendation we've been given is to revert to essentials 2.6.

Children
No Data