This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Managed Service Accounts

MMAD 8.13

I have a customer with managed service accounts in the source, that need to be migrated cross forest. Is this something the tool can handle? I can select it with an import file in the migration session, but it does not migrate over (no errors). I can't seem to find any info on how to migrate these accounts. I'm sure I've missed something. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi Eric,

This shouldnt' be an issue, but keep in mind, most of the time, the Service Account used by the product won't have inherrited rights on these objects as they would have the admincount=1 setting, which means that no inherrited permissions are set on them because they belong to an Administrative group of some type in the domain. Ensure your service account for QMM has explicit permissions set on the object, and then try again.
    Luke
  • Hi Eric,

This shouldnt' be an issue, but keep in mind, most of the time, the Service Account used by the product won't have inherrited rights on these objects as they would have the admincount=1 setting, which means that no inherrited permissions are set on them because they belong to an Administrative group of some type in the domain. Ensure your service account for QMM has explicit permissions set on the object, and then try again.
    Luke
Children
No Data