This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Populate SIDHistory attribute with SID from old domain - no trust in place (QMM for AD)

I've got a peculiar set of circumstances that require me to populate the SIDHistory attrubiute.

Example - User John has an account in Old.Domain, and already has an account provisioned in new.domain.
There is no trust in place.

I need to write SID.John.Old.Domain into the SIDHistory attribute for John.new.domain

I have no need for anything else. I understand its a woeful under-utilization of the tool. Whats the best way to fulfill my scenario, in terms of setting up the tool?

Parents
  • I dont know whether i am correct or wrong in answering this question but to my understanding this is what i came up with hope it is helpful,
    if the sid history is not set then you need to do following things
    1) Disable SID filtering and enable the trust between the source and target domain
    2) Remigrate the objects using the tool then you can easily populate the SIDHistory

Note: The powershell commands should enable sid history and quarantine is set to no

finally do this After this migrate a user account or right click on existing user migration session and perform it again and this time select merge option (you selected never merge skip option first i believe).

Thank u
  • I dont know whether i am correct or wrong in answering this question but to my understanding this is what i came up with hope it is helpful,
    if the sid history is not set then you need to do following things
    1) Disable SID filtering and enable the trust between the source and target domain
    2) Remigrate the objects using the tool then you can easily populate the SIDHistory

Note: The powershell commands should enable sid history and quarantine is set to no

finally do this After this migrate a user account or right click on existing user migration session and perform it again and this time select merge option (you selected never merge skip option first i believe).

Thank u
Children
No Data