This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Accounts required for QMM for AD

I will be starting a Migration of 11 AD Forest Objects to 1 AD Forest, like consolidating 11 AD Forest Objects to 1 AD. I have read the service accounts requirement but can anyone precisely tell me in total how many service as well as Administrator accounts. Please keep in mind i'll not be doing anything related to Exchange. Only AD Migration...

Thanks,

Sam

Parents
  • Hello Sam, this is what you need in terms of Service Accounts

1 account for the Source Domain, make it part of the Domain Admins groups on the Source Domain and member of the Local Administrator group on the QMM console (s-source-adsa), in your case, you need to create this account on each Source Domain that you will be migrating

1 account for the Target Domain, make it part of the Domain Admins groups, member of the Administrators on the Builtin group on the Target Domain and member of the Local Administrators group on the QMM console (s-target-adsa)

1 account for the AD LDS/ADAMM, make it part of the Domain Users group on the target domain, and member of the Local Administrators group on the QMM console (s-auxiliary)

1 account for the QMM Administrator Console, make it parf of the Domain Users group on the target domain and member of the Local Administrators groups on the QMM console (a-migrationmgr)

I'll review my lab one more time to make sure that no more permissions are needed.
  • Hello Sam, this is what you need in terms of Service Accounts

1 account for the Source Domain, make it part of the Domain Admins groups on the Source Domain and member of the Local Administrator group on the QMM console (s-source-adsa), in your case, you need to create this account on each Source Domain that you will be migrating

1 account for the Target Domain, make it part of the Domain Admins groups, member of the Administrators on the Builtin group on the Target Domain and member of the Local Administrators group on the QMM console (s-target-adsa)

1 account for the AD LDS/ADAMM, make it part of the Domain Users group on the target domain, and member of the Local Administrators group on the QMM console (s-auxiliary)

1 account for the QMM Administrator Console, make it parf of the Domain Users group on the target domain and member of the Local Administrators groups on the QMM console (a-migrationmgr)

I'll review my lab one more time to make sure that no more permissions are needed.
Children
No Data