This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

scheduling full sync by DSA

Hello,

the goal is to start a full sync by DSA for example every 2 hours. Best way will be to create a windows schedule job. Is there an powershell cmdlet or any command to start a Re-Syn (full sync)?

MMEX 8.14 is in use without MMAD licenses.

Thanks,

Soheil

Parents
  • I think you meant "EA8 being written only to objects in Source"

Why DirSync does not match new objects in source with same object in target by a deltasync.

This is because in Delta Sync, the DSA is only seeing objects in the source that have changed from the last full or delta sync pass (USN Higher then last seen). Changing EA8 on an existing object will add it to the sync scope (LDAP Query) and EA8 will be an attribute that needs to be written. So this would actually trigger the matching of the object to the source (I.E. EA8 will be written and the service attributes will be written).

Your problem is deeper. You want the object to be matched AND mailbox to be created. To trigger the mailbox provision sub task (MBRedir), an attribute MBRedir handles need to be updated. The proxyAddresses is an example. Change the proxyAddresses attribute and that will trigger what you are looking for in delta.
  • I think you meant "EA8 being written only to objects in Source"

Why DirSync does not match new objects in source with same object in target by a deltasync.

This is because in Delta Sync, the DSA is only seeing objects in the source that have changed from the last full or delta sync pass (USN Higher then last seen). Changing EA8 on an existing object will add it to the sync scope (LDAP Query) and EA8 will be an attribute that needs to be written. So this would actually trigger the matching of the object to the source (I.E. EA8 will be written and the service attributes will be written).

Your problem is deeper. You want the object to be matched AND mailbox to be created. To trigger the mailbox provision sub task (MBRedir), an attribute MBRedir handles need to be updated. The proxyAddresses is an example. Change the proxyAddresses attribute and that will trigger what you are looking for in delta.
Children
No Data