This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Process Permissions on FIle Servers

Hi All

I have not been involved in a migration for the past 3 years.  Now we are migrating between forests for users/groups, workstations and email. Which is all good.

We have a question around the File Server Migration process and whether it can be streamlined?  I am looking to find out

1. Can we run an initial Vmover command and start to process permissions. Even if all users and groups are not migrated? And then run a delta to permission new folders and also add missing users and groups?

2. On data this is dedupe'd - Does this have any effect when running VMover?

Thanks 

Parents
  • There is no notion of delta-permissions update within the product.  

I suppose you could try to optimize the VMover INI file (via Custom Map) to include only "new" users etc. but this is probably more work than it's worth.

Not sure what you mean by "de-duped".  Repeated re-ACL'ing of servers doesn't cause any duplication.

There's nothing technically wrong with the approach you suggest.  Though, depending on the size of the environment, babysitting the success/failure of a repeated re-ACL'ing process on many servers can get human resource intensive.

• Thanks for the quick response.  

Was just hoping to run a first pass for now then once all migrated run a second pass on setting permissions.  

Thanks

Reply Children
No Data