QMMAD migration of Source Global groups to another forest, would we be able to have same permissions on Source Share Folders?

Hi there,

When migrating Source Global groups to a different target forest, would we be able to have the same permissions on Source Share Folders.

Global groups wouldn't be able to have permissions on the Source domain, since they are in different forest.

What is the solution for that?

Thank you,

Parents
    1. Configure a trust between forests/domain (direct or forest)
    2. Disable sid filtering/sid quarantine on the trust
    3. Migrate the users and groups to the target
      At this point via sid history that target users have access to the source resources via sid history of the global group that secures the source resource. 
    4. Resource Process using the Resource Update Manager that source resources. 
      At this point sid history is no longer needed for access. 
  • Thank you Jeff,

I have done everything as you indicated. The only thing left is the RUM for Source Resources.

1)- Do I need to run the RUM processing of Source Resources after each User migration session?

2)- Once I have done the RUM processing, where should I manage the administration of groups, in Source or Target?

Thank you,

• Thank you Jeff,

I have done everything as you indicated. The only thing left is the RUM for Source Resources.

1)- Do I need to run the RUM processing of Source Resources after each User migration session?

2)- Once I have done the RUM processing, where should I manage the administration of groups, in Source or Target?

Thank you,

Children
No Data