Migration Manager with CCU start date

Hi, 

I am planning to migrate computers using CCU.

I was wondering if any of you were able to customize the configuration file to be more specific around the move start.

Do any of you know if it is possible to have instead of only a start date, adding a start date with time. For example having the process start  on 2020-04-03 10:00

Thanks in advance.

• Greetings Franck

Well we used to support setting the date and time before it was released to the public. We found that time only made it harder to control. The control for this utility using this logic. 

1. When the service is started, it checks the date in the INI, If the date is the current date, Move to Next, if Not wait for date to change and check again
    2. Can it see the UNC path for the Vmover, Yes Move to Next, if No wait for Networking change (VPN connection) to test again at #2
    3. If the VMover path exists, is the logged on user ID listed in the mapping file? If Yes, Move to Next, if No, exit an wait for new logon
    4. Prompt for the Target Password...........

So you have a few control point here. You can a a local script change the date in the local ini to be a past date and cylce the service to trigger the process. I have seen this delivered as an SMS Package or logon script. I have also see customer white glove this using the helpdesk. The end users calls, the push the installation and they walk the customer through the process. Another option is to control membership in the mapping file. 

• Greetings Frank

CCU actually does still support date and time, it just no longer requires time. 

REM move computer date in format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM (in example 2012-01-20 12:00 Note: Time is UTC)

cscript update_msi.js //Nologo "setup.msi" "MOVE_DATE" "2020-04-29 19:00"

The above triggered today at 2Pm CST.