Quest Migration Manager for AD Limits/Concurrent Migrations

Hello,

The organization in which I work is doing a domain migration of a massive amount of machines. I am being asked regarding migration limits or any processing limits when migration machines. Can a properly setup Quest migration server handle 20-30 machines at one time and if so, what is the limit or where is the documentation around that?

Thanks!

Parents
  • For large, geographically distributed projects, it is recommended to setup separate Resource Update Manager consoles (with their own AD LDS replica) in each location containing workstations.  This localizes the deployment traffic as well as the communications back to console from the deployed agents (the communications are not continuous unless you ask for real time stats - which I stay away from).  The agents operate independently and in parallel when performing their processing work so there's no limit to how many you can deploy and run.  I recall that when you do a mass agent deployment, the service will rollout five agents at a time (I could be off on that number) and queue the rest...deploying in batches of five.  I'm not sure if there is parameter somewhere you can modify to change this behavior (perhaps someone else will chime in).

There is a nice set of Powershell cmdlets shipped with QMM known as PowerRUM that can greatly streamline a large scale project.  Definitely worth a look.

• Thanks for the reply!

Are there specific documents or documentation around this? From what you say, 20-30 at one time would be a piece of cake with no real restrictions barring the actual push of the agent itself. That is good news but if there is any hard data on limitations or similar, I would like to have it handy. I did search but was not able to find anything on this.

• Thanks for the reply!

Are there specific documents or documentation around this? From what you say, 20-30 at one time would be a piece of cake with no real restrictions barring the actual push of the agent itself. That is good news but if there is any hard data on limitations or similar, I would like to have it handy. I did search but was not able to find anything on this.

Children