Migration Manager for AD Windows 10 Machine domain Move - Modern Apps

Can anyone offering anything around what happens to Modern Apps (downloadload from Microsoft store) when the machine and user account are migrated from Source (where the apps were originally downloaded) to the Target.
Will the apps need to be downloaded again?
What impact could there be to them in terms of the machine now being a member of new domain?
the user account is now from the new Domain, so is the app tied to the source identity?
thanks
Parents
  • I believe the behaviour would depend on whether or not the user has been logging into the computer (and setup the apps) in the context of their "work or school account" - i.e an account in M365.

I'm making the assumption that Source and Target domains point to the same M365 tenant. 

The complicating factor in my experience is the re-registration of the computer with the M365 tenant from its new AD domain.  I have seen where this re-registration in effect breaks the stored credentials and results in a "Trusted Platform Module" error.  The (not especially good) mitigation I last used is to basically remove the "work or school account" details from the computer.  I don't recall what the effect of this was on such apps however as the last time I dealt with this, the client wasn't allowing their installation.  The effect on the regular Office apps (Word, Excel) is that the user needs to login into them again.

• I believe the behaviour would depend on whether or not the user has been logging into the computer (and setup the apps) in the context of their "work or school account" - i.e an account in M365.

I'm making the assumption that Source and Target domains point to the same M365 tenant. 

The complicating factor in my experience is the re-registration of the computer with the M365 tenant from its new AD domain.  I have seen where this re-registration in effect breaks the stored credentials and results in a "Trusted Platform Module" error.  The (not especially good) mitigation I last used is to basically remove the "work or school account" details from the computer.  I don't recall what the effect of this was on such apps however as the last time I dealt with this, the client wasn't allowing their installation.  The effect on the regular Office apps (Word, Excel) is that the user needs to login into them again.

Children