File Server Processing - RUM

Hello,

Working on servers migration, RUM has been a great tool for processing | Migrating 99% of my servers.

I Have two questions:

- We have some old Windows server with critical applications installed on C drive, but also host a shared network drive (folder) in separate drive (D). I saw in the forum that its possible to process the drive (Volume) using the command line: vmover.exe /c /volume=[path to un-processed disk]

My question, Does using this command line will process ONLY the volume and nothing else (the settings in vmover.ini)?

- We have a NetApp SAN, My question how to process the data or the volume ? I read its possible using a Vmover.exe but is there any parameters to use

Kindly

Parents
  • Both of your questions are related. You are correct, the /c is the command line switch and the /volume switch means vmover will only process the unc path specified. You use the /system switch it will process every this you have defined in the ini. So to process a NAS for the file system and shares, it would be one pass with /system with only share processing enabled. Then process each and every volume. 

• Both of your questions are related. You are correct, the /c is the command line switch and the /volume switch means vmover will only process the unc path specified. You use the /system switch it will process every this you have defined in the ini. So to process a NAS for the file system and shares, it would be one pass with /system with only share processing enabled. Then process each and every volume. 

Children