RUM - move migrated computer back to the source domain ?

We successfully migrated  a SQL server into the target domain, but now nobody can connect into the database.  I believe we need to move that server back into the source domain to setup the proper SQL permissions before we migrate that server again into the target domain.  (we didn't check/enable sidhistory during migration).

How do I undo the migration for a computer or revert back the changes?  I see there is an option to revert back processing, but not sure if that's the right course of action.  Seems like we need that server back into the source domain to setup the proper permissions before migration.

Thanks.

Parents
  • There is a process to address this.

If you have moved the workstation/server from source to target and need to move it back to the source, simply run another Move task, and select the source domain. 

If you just need to resource process the workstation/server you can run a resource processing task. Domain membership does not matter as far as repermissioning goes. In fact, the source domain can be non existent and the Quest tools can still repermission. 

• hi Jeff,

I just got the almost same scenario like Jose. What was my thinking is we need to run processing after move task (back to source domain). 

like this sequence processing>move (new domain), to undo move>processing ( by selecting revert option).

i was bit confused. Can you explain further?

• hi Jeff,

I just got the almost same scenario like Jose. What was my thinking is we need to run processing after move task (back to source domain). 

like this sequence processing>move (new domain), to undo move>processing ( by selecting revert option).

i was bit confused. Can you explain further?

Children
No Data