Processing shares in domain controllers

Hello,

We have some domaines controllers with some shared for the small remote sites.

The Shares are in separate drivers (D:, E:...)

My question:

How to process these shares, I know I need to use the commad line VMOVER with the switch /volume.

But from my understanding the /Volume is just for the file system, do I need to add /ini and define the VMOVER.INI file

If so, is there any change to make in the file.

Thank you

Parents
  • You can use the Resource Manager Console to process just the shares. The resource process task, unselect all and check shares. You can use the process remotely option to avoid the installation of the RUM agent. Additionally you can do the same from the cmd line. For the Shares you would leave the /volume switch out and the VMOVER.INI would only have the Shares=Yes option enabled. 

It is easiest to use the Resource Manager Console to process just the shares. Then you can export the task settings to see what the resulting ini has for options. 

• You can use the Resource Manager Console to process just the shares. The resource process task, unselect all and check shares. You can use the process remotely option to avoid the installation of the RUM agent. Additionally you can do the same from the cmd line. For the Shares you would leave the /volume switch out and the VMOVER.INI would only have the Shares=Yes option enabled. 

It is easiest to use the Resource Manager Console to process just the shares. Then you can export the task settings to see what the resulting ini has for options. 

Children